CONDITIONS OF USE
Last Updated: May 1, 2020
Effective Date: May 1, 2020
This Conditions of Use Agreement (the “Agreement”) constitutes a legallybinding contract between Allegory Technology Inc. (“Allegory”, “Company”,“We”, “Us” or “Our”) and You with respect to Your use of the website:“www.allegoryinsurance.com”(the “Allegory Website” or “Site”), Allegorymobile application (the “Allegory App”), the blog contained on the AllegoryWebsite (the “Blog”), information, and services provided through them andour social media channels (collectively, the “Services”). It is important thatYou carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of thisAgreement. The Services provided herein are a copyrighted work belongingto Allegory.
Please be advised that You will be deemed to have agreed to this agreementthrough your use (to any extent) of the services and hyperlinking to or use ofthe Allegory Website and the Allegory App. Also, this Agreement containsdisclaimers of warranties and limitations on liability that may be applicableto You.
Allegory is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your PersonalInformation. The information you share with Allegory allows us to provide youwith the best experience with our products and services. Therefore, You alsoagree to the terms and conditions of Our Privacy Notice, which details theways in which We may use personal information that belongs to you.
The Allegory Website and the Allegory Mobile Application
This Agreement applies to all users of the Allegory Website, Allegory MobileApplication, and users who contribute to Allegory social media channels. Anytime You have the ability to post content and comment on any of OurServices, the use of these features is additionally governed by the Code ofConduct.
The information provided on the Services is for informational purposes only.It is not intended as a substitute for insurance or financial advice. If yourequire legal, insurance or financial advice, it is your responsibility to obtainsuch from a licensed service professional.
Access to the Services
Subject to these terms and conditions, the Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, recoverable, limited license to access to theServices solely for you own personal, non-commercial use.
The right approved to you in this Agreement is subject to the followingrestrictions:
- You shall not sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, orotherwise commercially exploit the Services.
- You shall not change, make derivate works of, disassemble, reversecompile or reverse engineer any part of the Site.
- You shall not access the Services in order to build a similar orcompetitive website.
- Except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may becopied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed,posted or transmitted in any form or by any means unless otherwiseindicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionalityof the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and otherproprietary notices on the Site must be retained on all copies thereof
Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or cease the Site with orwithout notice to you. You approved that Company will not be held liable toyou or any third-party for any change, interruption, or termination of the Siteor any part.
Allegory Code of Conduct and Submission Guidelines
Certain features and/or portions of the Services may or may in the futurepermit you to upload, post or otherwise transmit content or information thatyou have created (the “User Content”). You hereby agree that you shall notuse the site to upload, post, communicate or otherwise submit or transmitthrough, or to, the site any User Content that:
- may, in the sole and absolute discretion of Allegory, degrade, tarnish,disparage, or deprecate Allegory, and/or any of its products orservices, including without limitation the site and/or the public imageor standing in the community of Allegory;
- is deemed, in the sole and absolute discretion of Allegory to bedefamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene;
- is deemed, in the sole and absolute discretion of Allegory to contain,depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any content thatis or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all asdetermined by Allegory in its sole and absolute discretion;
- contains any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties,unless consent has been obtained from each such individual andhis/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the legal age ofmajority in his/her jurisdiction of residence;
- infringes, or might infringe, the intellectual property rights, privacyrights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of other persons orentities, or give rise to any claims whatsoever;
- contains any viruses, trojan horses, time bombs, or any other computercode, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit thefunctionality of any computer software or hardware ortelecommunications equipment; and/or
- contains (in any format or media) any music, logos, trade-marks orother copyrighted materials (including, but not limited to, photographs,pictures, texts and lyrics) unless you have first obtained all necessaryconsents and permissions from the owner or owners of such materials.
Third-Party Links and Ads
The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/ordisplay advertisements for third parties. Such Third-Party Links & Ads are notunder the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. Company provides access to these Third-Party Links &Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor,endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-PartyLinks & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk and shouldapply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click onany of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms andpolicies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gatheringpractices.
The Company does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness ortimeliness of the information or other Website Content or any contents of theServices provided. Allegory assumes no obligation to update the informationor other Website Content or advise on further developments concerningtopics mentioned. Information or other Website Content contained on the sitemay contain typographical errors. Information or other Website Contentprovided may be changed without notice. Access to this site is provided onan "as is" and “as available” basis. You should not assume that the site willbe error-free or that the site will operate without interruption.
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory disclaimsall warranties, representations and conditions regarding use of the site or theinformation or other Website Content provided and all implied warranties orconditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or accuracy, whether express or implied, or arising from acourse of dealing, usage or trade practice.
The use of the site and the Website Content is at your own risk. To themaximum extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory is not responsiblefor any content or information contained on the site, including but not limitedto content or information that you may find undesirable or objectionable.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Allegory makes norepresentation or warranty that:
- the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, theWebsite Content) will be compatible with your computer, mobile orother device and/or software;
- the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, theWebsite Content) will be available or will function without interruptionor error;
- the use of the site or any component of the website (including, withoutlimitation, the Website Content), including, without limitation, thebrowsing and downloading of any information or material, will be freeof any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other destructive, intrusive ordisruptive components;
- the transmission of information to and from the site will be secure;
- the use of the site or any component of the site (including, withoutlimitation, the Website Content) will not infringe the rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) of any person or entity;or
- the use of the site or any component of the site (including, withoutlimitation, the Website Content) will not cause any damage to yourcomputer, mobile or other device, software or electronic files.
Except in the Province of Quebec, to the extent permitted by the applicablelaw, Allegory is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental orconsequential damage or any other damage whatsoever and howsoevercaused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site in reliance onthe information available on the site, including any loss of use, lost data, lostprofits, lost opportunities, expenses, business interruption, personal injury orany other pecuniary loss, whether action is in contract, tort (includingnegligence), extra-contractual liability or other tortuous action, even ifAllegory is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, or expenses.
Allegory disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of anyportion of the site.
Except for in the Province of Quebec, without in any way limiting thegenerality of the foregoing, in no event shall Allegory be liable to you or anyperson:
- on account of your or that person's use or misuse of or reliance on theWebsite Content, the information or other materials accessible on orvia the site; or
- for any loss or damage suffered as a result or in connection with thefailure, malfunction, interruption, removal, change or modification ofthe site or the Website Content.
To the extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory will not beresponsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result ofthe transmission, storage or receipt of confidential, personal or proprietaryinformation that you make or that you expressly or implicitly authorizeAllegory to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted,stored or received information.
The limitations specified above shall apply regardless of the causes orcircumstances giving rise to the claim, even if such claim is based on breachof contract, negligence or other tort, and shall survive a fundamental breachor failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy, the failure of any exclusive remedy, or termination of this agreement. You expresslyacknowledge that Allegory has entered into this Agreement with you andmakes the site and each component of the site (including, without limitation,the Website Content) available to you, in reliance upon the limitations andexclusions of liability and the disclaimers set forth herein, and that the sameform an essential basis of the agreement between you and Allegory.
You will indemnify and save harmless Allegory and its affiliates, and theofficers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them,(“Allegory Entities”), from and against any and all losses, claims, damages,actions, causes of action, costs and expenses that any of the AllegoryEntities may sustain, incur, suffer or be put to at any time or times as aresult of a third party claim or demand that in any way arise out of:
- the use of the site, and/or the Website Content;
- your violation of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right ofany person or entity; and/or
- out of anything done or omitted to be done by yourself, your servants,employees, agents, trustees, officers, subcontractors, or membersrelating directly or indirectly to this site or the Website Content.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Excluding any User Content that you may provide, you are aware that all theintellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, andtrade secrets, in the Services and its content are owned by Company orCompany’s suppliers. Note that these Terms and access to the Site do notgive you any rights, title, or interest in or to any intellectual property rights.Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms.
Copyright ©. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marksdisplayed on the Services are our property or the property of other thirdparties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior writtenconsent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the lawsof the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You irrevocably attorn to theexclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Ontario.
Changes to This Agreement
The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without cause to:
- change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- change the Services, including eliminating or discontinuing any featureof the Services; or
- deny or terminate Your use of and/or access to the Services.
You may see the last update and effective dates on top of this Agreement.Please be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure you view the mostup-to-date version of this Agreement.
Allegory only operates in English language at the moment.
You confirm that you are either more than 16 years of age, or possessparental or guardian consent to agree to this Agreement and access and usethe Services, and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into theterms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warrantiesset forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
The communications between you and the Company use electronic means,whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Company postsnotices on the Site or communicates with you via email or notificationsthrough the Allegory Mobile Application. For contractual purposes, you:
- consent to receive communications from Company in an electronicform; and,
- agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures,and other communications that Company provides to you electronicallysatisfy any legal obligation that such communications would satisfy if itwere be in a hard copy writing.
Storage of Data and Third Party
Allegory uses third party vendors located in and outside Canada to providethe necessary software, networking, hosting, cloud storage, and relatedtechnology for the Services. If you need additional information on how theseservice providers collect, use, disclose or store personal information onbehalf of the Company, you may refer to Our Privacy Notice or contact OurPrivacy Officer
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and Us regardingthe use of the Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right orprovision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right orprovision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only andhave no legal or contractual effect. The word "including" means "includingwithout limitation". If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid orunenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired andthe invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it isvalid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Companymay freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in theseTerms shall be binding upon assignees.
In case You have any questions, comments, or concerns relating to thisAgreement, please contact Us at:email@example.com
Allegory Technology Inc.
OnRamp University of Toronto,
100 College St, Suite 150,
ON M5G 1L5